Monday 13 March 2017

Eco-Friendly Aromatherapy

After getting a spa day treat after my exams last year I became a bit obsessed with everything 'spa'. I did a google search of aromatherapy and was introduced to the world of essential oil diffusers. I came across a sustainably sourced, low energy diffuser from madebyzen.


It's made from hand picked bamboo in a sustainable way so that the shoots keep growing. This has the least impact on wildlife. I couldn't resist getting it as having a diffuser is the easiest way of bringing a bit of spa back home with you. The diffuser also has a LED lamp option which makes a dim, warm glow that I've always found relaxing if I've struggled to sleep. 

The essential oils I chose are from Neal's Yard which are mostly organic and are made in England. I was really happy to hear that you can bring empty bottles back to the store and they re-use them. 


The oils that I have at the moment are women's balance and fennel. I find the women's balance really calming and the smell reminds me of being in a spa. I'm addicted to everything that smells or tastes like fennel so I couldn't resist getting the fennel oil. I found my experience in the Neal's Yard shop really friendly and they can give so much information on all the different oils and products. I'm going to try a new oil when one of these runs and give back the bottle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment