Friday 17 March 2017

My Ethical Bee Shirt

I ordered a bee shirt from Olive Clothing and was so excited when it came in the post today! I wanted to get one last year but they sold out so I've been patient and waited and they're now back in stock!  Olive is a British based company who focus on contemporary clothing and strives to be an ethical company.



The reason I chose to shop at Olive was because I love their designs but also because the company is an ethical choice. Their ethics page is in-depth. According to this page they don't manufacture any of their products in developing countries and they do not use cheap labour. They also mention they're against fur farms and do not use animal fur in their clothing. However, they do still use wool and leather but their site seems to suggest they would like to move entirely away from animal products in the future

The shirt I chose is made from 100% cotton and feels extremely durable and of high quality. I believe that I will have this shirt for a very long time and it's certainly not something you'd throw out after a season.



The order was shipped to me in a DPD carbon neutral courier. DPD use alternative fuels to minimise emissions and offset any carbon by funding renewable energy schemes.  

I'm really happy I found this company. I love their designs and their ethical mindset from source to delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment